Hi,

When I want to fix autopkgtests for a package on a particular architecture, I
currently
see no way to run autopkgtests before I dput since porter boxes do not provide
root
access which autopkgtest needs.

Currently I am manually hacking around the test scripts and running the
autopkgtests but
this does not emulate the autopkgtest environment well enough. It also does not
work
well for daemon-like packages for instance.

Additionally, say, I have a package which FTBFS due to something broken in a
build dependency
on a particular architecture.
If I fixup the problem in the build-dependency, there is no way I could test if
the target
package really works on that arch since I do not see a way to install the fixed
builddep without
uploading it to the archive.

Have you found any way around these?

Best,