On 2024-03-02 Sven Joachim <svenj...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2024-03-02 08:47 +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> On 2024-03-02 08:01 +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:

>>> iirc it was recently proposed to add a suggestion to run dpkg --verify
>>> to the trixie upgrade notes to find missing files due to the usr-merge
>>> transition. (Cannot find the reference right now).

>>> However I just had file loss (due to libuuid changing its name to t64
>>> and back again) and dpkg --verify (and --audit) is happy:
[...]
>> The libuuid1t64 package has an unversioned Replaces: on libuuid1, so the
>> missing files belong to it.  If you remove libuuid1t64, the files are
>> gone and libuuid1 needs to be reinstalled.

>> The libuuid1 package should do something to prevent that file loss,
>> e.g. declaring its own Replaces+Conflicts on libuuid1t64.

> Filed bug #1065242 for that problem.  Thanks for noticing and bringing
> up the issue.

Hello,

thank you for the diagnosis and following up on fixing this.

FWIW

cd / && find  /var/lib/dpkg/info -name '*.md5sums' -exec md5sum --check --quiet
{} +

can be used to doublecheck for files that are missing even if dpkg
--verify does not consider this to be a problem due to replaces.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'