Hey.

On Tue, 2024-04-02 at 01:30 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> All the same, I'm aware that some people now depend on having this
> facility in Debian's main openssh package: I get enough occasional
> bug
> reports to convince me that it's still in use.

Being one of those people, and having even asked for more patches to be
merged (#1053822) O:-) ... no, there was no social engineering
intended,... your approach sounds like a reasonable way to go.

Actually I think that most sites where I "need"/use GSSAPI... only
require the ticket for AFS, and do actually allow pubkey auth (but
right now, one doesn't have AFS access then).
Not sure if there's a simple out of the box way to just transfer that
but without all the other GSSAPI stuff?

Do you think it will be possible to have still only one `ssh`, `scp`,
etc. command and that will just use extra GSSAPI stuff if installed and
needed by a certain connection?

Cheers,
Chris.