On Wed, Apr 15, 1998 at 03:15:57PM -0500, Zed Pobre wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
>
> >These are pages that have a bad NAME section. You can do
> >
> >  apropos -r \* | grep \(unknown\)
>
>     apropos -r \* returns nothing on my system.  I can man xexec
> (which is in one of my packages and on your list) just fine.  The
> manpage was based upon the manpage.ex file created by deb-make, and
> although I'm sufficiently familiar with manpage nroff-formatting to
> recognize what codes cause what, I'm not at all sure what would cause
> this, or how to fix it.

"man exec" does work here, but apopros still complains, changing

.TH XEXEC 1
.\" NAME should be all caps, SECTION should be 1-8, maybe w/ subsection
.\" other parms are allowed: see man(7), man(1)
.SH XEXEC
xexec \- Run an arbitrary program from Xwindows
.SH "DESCRIPTION"
.B xexec

to this does the trick:
.TH XEXEC 1
.SH NAME
xexec \- Run an arbitrary program from Xwindows
.SH "DESCRIPTION"
.B xexec

(from "man 7 man")
       The  only  required  heading is NAME, which should be fol-
       lowed on the next line by a one line  description  of  the
       program:

              .SH NAME
              chess \- the game of chess

       It  is  extremely  important that this format is followed,
       and that there is a backslash before the single dash which
       follows  the  command  name.   This  syntax is used by the
       makewhatis(8) or mandb(8) programs to create a database of
       short  command  descriptions  for  the whatis(1) and apro-
       pos(1) commands.

Adrian

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | 2.0 release soon - over 1800
PGP key available on public key servers  | packages on a stable OS