On Mon, Jun 15, 1998 at 09:38:16AM +0200, I mangled and reordered what
Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> you may flame me, but you have to write the flame with joe.

You asked for it...

~$ echo $EDITOR
joe
~$

[if not emacs or vi or ae,]
> what then ?
> joe.

How dare you come up with such a logical solution to the problem!  And how
can you be so unfair as to include my favorite editor but not everyone
else's?  heh.

Actually, there is one problem that I've had with a couple of programs
including joe..  Upon exit, occasionally the keyboard input will not be
echoed bach to you.  It'll still be accepted, it just won't display.  I use
screen, but it's not limited to screen that I've noticed.  It also happens
for me in X and in regular VT.  Output from bash, mutt, and joe all works
fine.  Going in to joe and exiting again doesn't fix it.

It's fixed by stty sane, which indicates that it's just something getting
set and not reset.  I can't say I know what causes it, but I've filed a bug
against joe about it.  If anyone else has had the problem, it would
definately need to be fixed for it to go in to base.

Also, joe vs. ae sizes according to dpkg may be an issue:

Installed-Size: 334
Installed-Size: 83