I would like to package a set of large mouse cursor fonts for X. These are
useful on a laptop, where the cursor's hard to see.

The fonts appear to be the standard X cursor fonts, scaled up by certian
factors (so they are a little blocky). As such, I expect they come under the
same license as the X fonts, since they were generated by a mechanical
operation on them. Also, looking inside the fonts, I see:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/fonts>strings cursor1.5.pcf |head -2
COPYRIGHT
These "glyphs" are unencumbered

Just like you see inside the standard X fonts:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/fonts>zcat /usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc/cursor.pcf.gz |strings
|head -2
COPYRIGHT
These "glyphs" are unencumbered

However, I have no information about where these fonts came from (I got the
tar file from someone on #debian on irc, who didn't remember where he got
it, and I've since forgotten his name -- if whoever that was reads this,
please get in contact with me.), or any real copyright information.
I wonder if what I have is sufficient to get the package into debian?

--
see shy jo