On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 01:52:29PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Am I correct that we currently do not have a complete desktop with gnome?
> Since there is no wm yet, it's pretty difficult to judge it.

Last I heard, the gnome team doesn't intend to have a specific window
manager---instead they're making the information on making a window manager
ghome compliant freely available (and will probably do some mods to
some of the more important wms, if the original authors don't seem
interested).

icewm is already gnome compliant, and has the advantage of being quite
small.  Enlightenment will also be gnome compliant, though larger.  I
believe WindowMaker is also already gnome compliant, though I'm less sure
about that.

Mike.