`jed' is an orphaned package.  I'm considering to take its maintanence,
since I've found JED is a small and quick start editor, good for quick
editing of configuration files, etc. (I've wiped out all vis from my
disk, and ae+ed do not satisfy me fully:-).  However I'm no way an
experienced JED user, so if anyone else wants to maintain it, I've
nothing against it.

Milan Zamazal

--
"Having GNU Emacs is like having a dragon's cave of treasures."
                                                Robert J. Chassell