Wichert Akkerman writes:
 > Previously Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 > >    I think that not only should bugs be marked by the
 > >  distributions they exist in, they should also be classified by
 > >  architecture;
 >
 > Actually, I think we can do the same way more efficent. Each bug already
 > has a Version-number. Now we if we add a field Fixed-in-Version the BTS
 > can simply look for which architectures the fixed version is available.

No, that's not so simple.  As already explained, and with a recent
example, I fixed a specific bug in kbd_0.95-16 and kbd_0.96a-4.  It
does occur in all versions bewteen and including 0.96-1 and 0.96a-3.

Filling a Fixed-in-Version field with either of 0.95-16 or 0.96a-4
would be wrong.  We don't want that.

--
Yann Dirson    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
isp-email:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: