On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 02:07:15PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On 9 Oct 1998, Samuel Tardieu wrote:
> > Santiago> There are a lot of packages that would have to be recompiled
> > Santiago> for Linux 2.2. This will take time and a lot of testing.
> >
> > I can see pcmcia (28-Sep-98 is needed) and netutils (so that IPv6 is
> > supported), but not "a lot of packages".
>
> Well, kernel-package is a single package but it would be surely
> a lot of work, since there are a lot of new drivers.

Actually it should not be that much work if its written to be expanded
(And if its not I'm not sure we should be using it in the first place)

> We should base our distribution in stable software, not in betas.

Which is why I asked for another week to see IF we need to re-target,
instead of asking for a re-target now..

> Maybe we should wait for 2.0.36, not for 2.2.

As I said, lets wait another week, and see where things have landed, if
2.0.36 is ready and 2.2.0 is still a bit away then we do 2.0.36, if
2.2.5 is out and looking stable......

Zephaniah E, Hull..