>Milan Zamazal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Is there any technical reason why LEIM (Emacs input methods) is not
>> available as a Debian package?  If not, I'll package it.

>FWIW It's already part of the emacs20 package.

I'd say including LEIM data *.elc files is worth.  I think it's
difficult for an unexperienced Emacs user to FTP and install LEIM
himself.

But maybe only an experienced Emacs user needs inputing through LEIM
instead of system keyboard (which doesn't work in X for Czech anyway:-)
for features like different keyboards in different buffers (which is
important for some languages) and occasional inputting characters of
foreign languages.  I'm not sure.

So do you really think leim package would be totally unnecessary?
Any other opinions?

Thanks.

Milan Zamazal