How do you figure Joey?  Some countries will let us distribute patented
stuff... other countries will let us distribute crypto stuff...  The scheme
proposed does do away with non-US, by making its original functionality so
fine-grained that it disappears into the rest of the distribution.  Or am I
missing something here?

And, according to comments I've heard from others, you are wrong.  Most
countries outside the US *do* allow export of crypto, so our situation would
change pretty dramatically. suddenly a lot more currently "non-US" packages
would be on a lot more mirrors, and thus harder to stamp out, and the laod
would be much better distributed among our mirrors.  Again, am I missing
something here?

Jonathan