On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 05:24:32PM +0000, Dale Scheetz was heard to say:
> Well, in recovering my system, it became necessary to install dpkg-dev,
> who's current version requires perl5. I chose to upgrade to perl-5.005,
> but while installing perl-5.005-base I was forced to use
> --auto-deconfigure on several packages that depended upon perl. When the
> smoke cleared, after installing the complete perl-5.005 package, I could
> not re-configure either libnet-perl, or mirror, both of which depend upon
> perl.

  Maybe you're using old versions of those packages?

bluegreen:~> dlocate -s libnet-perl
Package: libnet-perl
Section: base
Installed-Size: 231
Maintainer: Michael Alan Dorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Version: 1.0606-3
Replaces: libnet
Provides: libnet
Depends: perl5, perl-5.005 | data-dumper