I asked to list :

"How to hide/show cursor without Ncurses libraries..."

and you answered me, Dos programmers were weenie because they...,
...it is evil consider a generic terminal...
That's a yours suggestion/opinion/idea, but you didn't answered me really.
Please read the question carefully!

A possible answer could be :

->#include <termios.h>
->
->void hide_cursor(...){
->      tcgetattr(...);
->      ...
->      tcsetattr(...);
->}
->..
->..
->NOTE: but you should use the "ncurses libraries" because doesn't exists a
generic
->type of terminal, and then ...bla bla bla...

or

->Read documentation on "www.xyz.org"

The point is: an exact question needs an exact answer.
Comments and suggestions are another thing, though they are welcome,
OK ?

Anyway I think you don't know the answer, really.