On 05/07/15 03:18 PM, Francewhoa wrote:
> Message from Leandro / LeandroDoctors. Who might join this discussion later.
> - - -
> 2015 Jul 5 - 3:48am
>
> Salut, François, I saw you updated the Skype page in the Debian wiki. (I
> could not find any option in the wiki to send you a message through it.
> Luckily, you published your website in you profile page.) Are you really
> sure every time we want to upgrade Skype we have to delete the .Skype
> folder? I have been using it since version 2.X, never even considered
> doing that, and never had any troubles... Would you reconsider undoing
> that change, please? Best, Leandro

Leandro, same for me. I seldom had to delete the ".Skype" folder. I
usually just install the new version. But when Skype gets too buggy
deleting the ".Skype" folder sometime fixed it. Related to that Skype
contacts are stored on the Skype server not that local folder.

BTW that paragraph about deleting the ".Skype" folder was introduced by
HamishBowman on 2014-08-08 12:12:10
Sources
* https://wiki.debian.org/skype?action=diff&rev1=82&rev2=83
* https://wiki.debian.org/skype?action=recall&rev=83

I just moved that contribution to its own paragraph under "Upgrading
section"

HamishBowman profile at https://wiki.debian.org/HamishBowman