On Sat, 2018-11-10 at 22:55 +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Hello all
>
> El 9/11/18 a las 2:50, Ben Hutchings escribió:
> > I recently discovered a bug in the installer (#908711).  During
> > installation with network sources enabled, security update are normally
> > installed.  However, this didn't include updates that depend on a new
> > binary package, due to a kernel or library ABI change.
> >
> > I fixed this bug in unstable and in a stable update that will be
> > included in Debian 9.6.  However, since there are no stable updates
> > during the LTS period, this bug will remain unfixed in the installer
> > for jessie.
> >
> > I have updated the wiki LTS/Installing page and added post-installation
> > steps to install the missed upgrades.  However, I wonder whether it
> > would be helpful and possible to update the release notes or other
> > official documentation at this stage?
> >
> > Ben.
> >

> Thanks for reporting.
>
> For the website, I have created the merge request with a proposal:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/merge_requests/40

I assume this is going to appear at
<https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/debian-installer/>.  That seems
a fairly prominent place, though the errata are quite a way down the
page so may be missed.

> (I'm attaching the diff too).
>
> Comments and/or improvements very welcome (CC'ing debian-boot). If there
> is no activity, I plan to merge this in a week or so.
>
> Respect to the release notes, I'm not sure if this documentation should
> go there and in which section specifically (CC'ing debian-doc for help).

Since the release notes are mostly concerned with upgrades, and this
doesn't affect upgrades, I now think this may not be worth doing.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Kids!  Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous.  Do not attempt it