On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 02:33:53PM +0000, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> I am not sure, if the patch is not a functional overkill.

Hi Mike,

I don't think that this is the case:

> My observation was, that the x2goagent processes got killed by killer.

Yes, but if the user's x2goagent process gets killed, all other
processes belonging to this user will be killed as well because the user
session isn't registered. OTOH stale x2goagent processes may still exist
from sessions that have been messed up by the user. At least this
has been the case when I used NX technology at school to let people
connect from home. (Years ago, though, things might be different
nowadays.)

> So maybe, we should protect those only.

IMO stale x2goagent processes should be killed.
That's why the patch searches for users with a x2goruncommand process.
If this one exists, user applications are actually running and nothing
belonging to these users should be killed.

> For the session applications, I am currently working on a sessreg
> based utmp/wtmp patch against X2Go Server.

That sounds very good. Patching the killer script would be obsolete in
that case.

Wolfgang