On Mon, 2022-08-08 at 18:54 -0300, David Bremner wrote:
> Diane Trout <di...@ghic.org> writes:
>

> > Though debian-el might be a better example to follow where the info
> > file
> > and its dir file are added to the elpa-src directory.
> >

> Although that's my doing (I think) I have to note that it makes the
> info
> files inaccessible to /usr/bin/info, so might not be an ideal
> solution.

Hmm...

I think ultimately the problem was caused for me by ending up with this
value for Info-directory-list

"/usr/share/info/emacs" "/usr/share/info/" "/usr/share/info/")

If it looked like this it probably would work correctly

 "/usr/share/info/" "/usr/share/info/emacs" "/usr/share/info/")

I just couldn't figure out where the /usr/share/info/emacs was getting
added.

Diane