>Phil disabled the softfloat package for arm, m68k doesn't build (yet),
>the other architectures don't built with multilibs configured. Let's

Yeah.  I turned it off for arm because it isn't much use (and indeed prevents
the package from building) if you don't also have a soft-float version of
glibc installed - which most people don't, since Debian doesn't currently
include one.  And we never really had a coherent plan for dealing with the
fact that you would then have two conflicting ABIs knocking around.

In some future release I intend to make soft-float the default, along with a
whole load of other incompatible ABI changes that we've been saving up for a
special occasion. :-)

Maybe PowerPC has all this stuff better in hand, I dunno.  Unless ppc folks
are really using the nof stuff at the moment I'd be inclined to turn it off,
at least for now.

p.