On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 01:31:28PM +0100, Diether Knof wrote:
> Package: gcc-3.2
> Version: 3.2.1-0pre3
>
> When I use gcc-3.2 with the -MM option for the dependencies, I also get
> dependencies of the gtk libraries, which I include from the system. I think,
> gcc does not look at the include directories, included with '-I' ('gtk-config
> --cflags' outputs '-I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2
> -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include').
> With the version 3.0 and 2.95 everything works fine.

>From the documentation:
`-MM'
     Like `-M' but do not mention header files that are found in system
     header directories, nor header files that are included, directly
     or indirectly, from such a header.

     This implies that the choice of angle brackets or double quotes in
     an `#include' directive does not in itself determine whether that
     header will appear in `-MM' dependency output.  This is a slight
     change in semantics from GCC versions 3.0 and earlier.

If you change -I to -isystem, then the right thing should happen; not
sure about that though.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz