On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 07:18:47PM +0800, Freeman Tan wrote:
> I'm trying to install locales using apt-get and I keep getting the
> same error.

> locales: Depends: glibc-2.3.2-9 but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> Is this a bug, the version for glibc cannot be found.

This happens sometimes when the build daemon for a particular
architecture hasn't caught up yet. i386 users have the luxury of not
seeing it very often because the majority of developers use i386;
however, this glibc upload was made from an ia64 system.

glibc 2.3.2-9 for i386 is in incoming and will be available on mirrors
later today.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]