On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 02:27:32PM +0200, Martin-ïric Racine wrote:
> Package: libc6
> Version: 2.3.2.ds1-10
> Severity: important
>
> Several applications which depend either upon /etc/hosts or upon
> proper resolving of filesystem paths accross a connection have started
> failing, since a few days:
>
> 1) The stanza 'scp /path/to/file remote:/path/to/' no longer works.
> 2) NFS mounting from 'remote:/path' no longer works; I end up having
> to specify 'remote.domain:/path'.
> 3) Hotway (the Hotmail-to-POP3 gateway) no longer succeeds in fetching
> mail.

I don't maintain glibc, but perhaps information such as an strace of one
of these applications would be useful? "Failing" is usually too little
to go on.

> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: testing/unstable
> Architecture: powerpc
> Kernel: Linux omena 2.4.22-ben2 #1 ti syyskuun 23. 21:23:03 EEST 2003 ppc

FWIW, I have no problems with 2.6.0-test9(-bensomethingorother) on
powerpc; I don't run 2.4 routinely since it doesn't support X on my
graphics card, but I could give it a quick go at some point. That said,
I believe I upgraded it to something in the 2.3.2.ds1 series at one
point while still running 2.4 without obvious problems.

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]