reopen 419481
thanks

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 01:19:52PM +0200, Manuel wrote:
> I'm sorry but my antispam system caught up all of your messages and it's
> taken a while for me to be aware of them. I hope it won't happend ever
> again.

  I'm glad

> >was it the error the first time you tried to install ?
>
> Yes. Actually I've also tried with the previous 2.5 glibc versions from
> experimental and same result.
>
> >does it segfaults with a debian kernel (such as 2.6.18 or .20) as well ?
>
> I also ckecked the segfault with 2.6.19 & .20 vanilla kernel. I'll try to
> test it for a debian one as soon as possible.
>
> >Do you run selinux or any particular stuff ?
>
> Not the case.
>
> >ould you give your /etc/nsswitch.conf please ?
>
> Unfortunately I cannot reach the machine right now, I'll report it later
> (but I've never touched such a file). Also, I'll try to setup a chroot
> system with just this news libs to isolate the problem (if I manually
> install them in the root system, the init process segfaults at the
> beginning).
>
> More info: not a single problem with other x86 and x86_64 systems (but
> neither of them are SMP).

  I own and mad64X2 too, and it worked flawlessly. You will need to run
the preinst/postrm in '-x' mode to see what happens, if that's bash that
segfaults, or a subcommand.

  (edit your /var/lib/dpkg/info/libc6.postinst and set the #! line to sh
-x instead of plain sh).

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]