On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:49:54AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:31:35AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 11:19:38AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > > What I don't understand is why /sbin/init on arm now uses threads?
> > It is /bin/sh, which should be busybox.
>
> And it does not use pthread at all. It may be usefull to get a
> backtrace.

Yes.  I suspect the relevant wrapped functions are called more
frequently on ARM.  This is ARM old-ABI, so it uses SJLJ exception
handling; that means the _Unwind_* functions are called around
functions that might throw, not just when an exception is thrown.

Note, that was exceptions, not threads.  This code is in libc and
libpthread.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery