On 2007-12-25 21:38:48 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> I was under the impression that it was conventional even if not required
> to reserve host zero in a given subnet to identify the network itself,
> to avoid confusion of networks with hosts.

I thought for this reason 1.0.0.0 could be detected as not corresponding
to a hostname.

Now, if I understand correctly (but I've only partial information
about the problem), the problem occurs with IPv6 DNS requests only,
but 1.0.0.0 is an IPv4 address. So, I suppose that there could be
a workaround.

And FYI, there doesn't seem to be any firmware upgrade for the router
(D-Link DSL-924).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>