On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:13:42PM +0000, Krishnamurti L. L. V. Nunes wrote:
> Package: locales
> Version: 2.7-8
> Severity: important
>

> After upgrade to version  2.7-8 most of my software does not show
> the selected language because locales does not keep the selected
> language, as shown bellow:
>
> $ locale -a
> POSIX
> en_US
> en_US.iso88591
> en_US.utf8
> pt_BR
> pt_BR.iso88591
> pt_BR.utf8
>

> Content of /etc/environment :
> LANGUAGE="pt_BR.UTF-8:pt_BR:pt:pt_PT"
> LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8

  are you sure /etc/environment is sourced by your shell ?
dpkg-reconfigure won't source it again for you. The fact that for you
LANG is empty means that /etc/environment is not sourced, which is a
problem of your shell, not the libc. If you're under X, you need to
logout, if under a linux console either to run source /etc/environment
or logout/login again.

  FWIW it works here properly, and I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Please reopen the bug if needed.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]