Aurelien Jarno wrote:
Adam Heath a écrit :
Package: tzdata
Version: 2008b-1
Severity: important

If I do not have TZ in my environment, then the postinst fails. It has an unprotected "unset TZ", which will fail the script if TZ is not actually in the environment.

Huh?!? Which strange shell are you using?

The simple fix is to use "|| true" in the 2 places where this occurs.

That's a wrong fix. The correct one is to fix your shell.

No, the correct fix is to fix the dependencies, and/or fix your shell script. Garbage in, garbage out and all.

Bash 2.x returns false if you try to unset a non-existance variable. Bash 3.x returns true.

So, either add the || true, or add a versioned depends on bash. I prefer the former, 'cuz it won't increase the dependency graph size.