I am really sorry if I missed mail earlier.

I am fully agree with any changes in locale file, whichever you think is more suitable free software license. As I am not expert for liceneses, while you people can provide better choice to keep software free. All my contribution for open source should be available as free software and though should be part of debian.

Please let me know if anything I need to do other than this.

Amanpreet Singh Alam

ਬੁੱਧਵਾਰ 27 ਜੂਨ 2012 10:58 ਸਵੇਰੇ ਨੂੰ,
Christian PERRIER ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
Amanpreet Singh Alam is also using alternate addresses, which I also
CCto this mail to get better chances he sees it.

To A S Alam, could you address the below question about the Punjabi
locale (this is pa_PK as it seems that pa_IN doesn't have the
"offending" sentence included).

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (deb...@helgefjell.de):
Hello,
you are listed as contact person/author of the following locale:

pa_PK

This locale comes with a statement

% Distribution and use is free, also
% for commercial purposes.

Thus it does not allow modification; it is unclear, however, if this
statement was meant as a license.

As discussed in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=555168 this
locale could strictly speaking not be part of Debian which would be a
great loss. (Currently it is allowed pending investigation).

To properly resolve this, I would like to ask you the following
question:

Would you be willing to relicense this locale to a proper license,
e.g. (L)GPL v2 or higher or another free software license of your choice?

If you have any questions regarding this issue, do not hesitate to
contact me (via the reply-to address set).

Thanks for helping to resolve this!

             Helge

--
       Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     deb...@helgefjell.de