To Debian,

I am a software developer that has used f2c as a tool to convert my Fortran
code to C and C++.

David Makepeace worked for me in the 1990's and set up a set of scripts to
convert to Visual Studio 6.

There is a huge investment in the Fortran code so a rewrite is impossible.

We did a GDI library in C that we linked with the c code developed from the f2c
operation.

Step (1) Debug in an old windows 95 interface using Salford Fortran compiler
direct

Step (2) Fortran program.for to program.f to program.c as a series of c files.
Uses old f2c.exe

The old f2c.exe runs in 32 bit mode under XP.   We can still run under XP.

Step (3) Use the Microsoft c compiler to create the program.o files.

Library creation for all programs.

Step (4) Create open file dialog and GDI interface and create a kmd.lib and
kmd.dll as the Keays Machine dependent library.

We worked on UNIX and SUN in the 1990's but that has long gone by the way when
Autodesk went to Windows only.

Step (5) Create the f2c.lib and f2c.dll.  These were done under Visual Studio 6
and stayed unchanged.

I have now updated to Visual Studio 2010 and joined the MAP club at Microsoft
so I can get access to VS2012, VS2013 if I need it.

I am now moving to VS 2010 as the safest next step.

Step (3) above works for the old Fortran to C code.

Step (4) works except it is giving a run time warning on the file open.  VISTA
has a new open file dialog box with more options.  So I am okay
with the kmd.dll and kmd.lib

Step (5) I can use the old f2c.lib and f2c.dll but I think it still calls the
MSVCRT run time libraray for Visual Studio 6.

After all this I just want the open source decks for the f2c library.

Any help welcomed.

With thanks

John Keays

John Keays of Keays Software

PO Box 80, Toowong Qld 4066

Phone 07 3870 1711 fax +61-7-38701784

www.keays.com.au   j...@keays.com.au

KEAYS SOFTWARE PRIVILEGED PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL - The information contained
in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may
attract legal privilege. It is only intended for the named recipient/s. If you
are not a named recipient any use of this information including
copying, distribution and publication is prohibited. Confidentiality and legal
privilege are not waived or lost as a result of mistaken or
erroneous delivery. If you are not a named recipient, please delete all copies
immediately and contact the sender to advise of the error.

It is recommended that you scan this email and any attachment before opening.
KEAYS SOFTWARE does not accept any responsibility or liability for
loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from opening this email, opening
any attachments or any communication errors.