On 2016-12-12 14:20, Eric PEYREMORTE wrote:
> Package: glibc
> Version: 2.19-18+deb8u6
>
> This bug is related to :
>
> The following patch was applied to  disable hardware lock elision (HLE) on
> some Haswell and Broadwell CPUs :
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-glibc/glibc-package/branches/glibc-branch-jessie/debian/patches/amd64/local-blacklist-for-Intel-TSX.diff?view=markup&pathrev=6644
>
> The Patch was from Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <h...@debian.org>
>
> This bug seems still present on Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2603 v4.

I don't think so. There as been a long series of broken CPU, but newer
ones are now fixed.

> I had troubles to install Eaton Intelligent Power Protector : always
> resulting in crash (SIGSEGV). I didn't have the problem on different
> hardware.

If you still see crashes, it's likely that you are using broken software
which do not correctly use locks.

> I guess eaton IPP is not very well coded.

Indeed.

> I added the model and stepping of my CPU in
> sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/init-arch.c recompiled the package and my problems
> disappeared.

We have found that many softwares have bugs with HLE. The next jessie
release will have HLE disabled. This has been done in version
2.19-18+deb8u7 that is currently in stable-proposed-updates and that
will be released with the next stable point release.

You can access them by adding stable-proposed-updates to
/etc/apt/sources.list (in that case take care of not installing other
packages from this repository) or fetching them from a mirror.

Regards,
Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net