Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2018, 15:47:14 CEST schrieb Carlos O'Donell:
> This proposal is to being circulated to all the distribution
> maintainers to gain their acceptance surrounding the use of
> python 3.4 or greater for building glibc.

[...]

> Andreas,
>
> Any input from Gentoo?

Well, theoretically it's still possible to have a python-2 only Gentoo
install. In practice that is probably not very useful anymore since more and
more packages require python-3 (meson, future icu, ...). So I don't really
mind (and I suspect that some people from our python team will be secretly
glad about it).

As for python-3 versions, python-3.4 is our "oldest", so no problem.

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfri...@gentoo.org