Hello Aurelien,
sorry for answering late, I was a few days offline.

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 09:45:55PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> On 2020-07-07 21:04, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > Package: libc6-dev
> > Version: 2.28-10
> > Severity: important
> >
> > Until a few hours ago I run stable. Switching sources to testing and
> > then
> > apt-get update
> > apt-get upgrade
> >
> > worked. Now:
> >
> > apt-get dist-ugprade tells me the following:
> >
> > root@samd:~# LC_ALL=C apt-get dist-upgrade
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree
> > Reading state information... Done
> > Calculating upgrade... Error!
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
> > or been moved out of Incoming.
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:

> >  libc6-dev : Breaks: libgcc-8-dev (< 8.4.0-2~) but 8.3.0-6 is to be
> > installed
> > E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
> > by held packages.
>
> This break entry is correct, if we remove it gcc-8 will be left
> potentially broken after the upgrade. I have no idea how it can be fixed
> on the glibc side.

Who would be the best party to fix this? (Sorry, at the moment I don't
have a clue what causes this problem).

> > If I try to remove either libc6-dev or libgcc-8-dev then a long list of
> > programms is scheduled for deinstallation, e.g. lots of KDE, okular,
> > libreoffice etc.
>
> Have you tried installing gcc-defaults from testing before starting the
> upgrade?

I did an upgrade today (dist-upgrade is still broken) and for some
strange reason I cannot install gcc-defaults:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package gcc-defaults

I also get this in an current (unrelated) sid chroot. Strange.

Any help much appreciated (or pointers).

Greetings

          Helge

--
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     deb...@helgefjell.de