Hi Paul,

Paul Gevers <elb...@debian.org> (2021-05-20):
> On 20-05-2021 08:23, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > Having udeb-producing packages change under our feet when we're in
> > the middle of unentangling the rendering mess isn't exactly niceā€¦
>
> I'm terribly sorry, but I thought we discussed migrating udeb generating
> packages recently on IRC #d-release. I now realize that's a bit longer
> ago than I though. To quote you:
>
> [00:00:00] - {Day changed to Monday, 26 April 2021}
> [22:06:17] <kibi> looks to me we have enough to fix and/or to debug on
> our plate that we won't be issuing another RC in a week or so, so
> freezing everyone (keeping everyone frozen) will only generate more
> requests for acks; at this stage, it's likely easier to let stuff
> migrate and deal with consequences afterward
>
> I interpreted that as you are sort of fine at this moment if we
> migrated the packages if they are otherwise fine. We should have
> agreed on a schedule and it was on my TODO list to ask you today.

I'm a little too lazy to dig into IRC logs, but I'm pretty sure we had
two possibilities: either keep all udeb-producing frozen and deal with
individual requests; or lift the general block-udeb. Given nothing
changed in britney1.git since Apr 14, I seemed to me we went for d-i
acks (which I've tried to handle swiftly) and that's what got me
surprised for the glibc thing.

Nothing dramatic, we'll be more explicit next time and pick an option
for real instead of considering both options and letting one pick a
favorite. :)

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>