Hi Florian,

On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 01:59:14PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> It is as architecture-independent as ldconfig or getconf.  Perhaps a bit
> more so than getconf.

Both of those are bad examples as both are lies. An amd64 ldconfig
really does not handle arm64 libraries at all. I'd rather not see us
adding more issues.

> Even if /bin/true is an i386 program, assuming that libeatmydata1:i386
> is installed.  Whether ld.so is built for i386 or amd64 will not matter.

That's great.

> With the patch I've posted, you'll get the ELFCLASS64 error.  But I have
> some ideas how to fix that eventually.  Is this sufficient for now?

I'd prefer making it work upfront. People will use it and run into
issues blaming Multi-Arch otherwise.

If you also have ideas on how to make ldconfig work, that would be cool
as well, but it's a different topic and should be moved to d-cross@l.d.o
rather than discussed in this thread.

Helmut