Hi,

(14 years later...)

I'm also trying to setup a system with TAI as CLOCK_REALTIME.

UTC - TAI offset is now 37s. But the offset between the "posix" and
"right" zoneinfo is only 27s :

$ TZDIR=/usr/share/zoneinfo/right TZ=Europe/Paris date; \
  TZDIR=/usr/share/zoneinfo/posix TZ=Europe/Paris date
Mon Jan 16 11:17:00 CET 2023
Mon Jan 16 11:17:27 CET 2023

Readme.debian says:
- TZDIR=/usr/share/zoneinfo/posix TZ=Europe/Paris on a system with hardware clock set to UTC. > - TZDIR=/usr/share/zoneinfo/right TZ=Europe/Paris on a system with >
*hardware clock set to TAI*.
(emphasis is mine)

Which means that with CLOCK_REALTIME setup as TAI and TZDIR=.../right, the displayed time is wrong by 10s.

I've check the content of right/UTC and it contains a leapsecond offset of 27s since 01-01-2017. I guess it miss the original UTC-TAI offset of 10s (before the first leapsecond in June 1972)

Either something is wrong in the "right" zoneinfo or the doc (or I'm mistaken).

As a workaround, I've setup CLOCK_REALTIME as TAI+10s and using the "right" zoneinfo, the displayed time is correct.

Regards,

--
Yoann Congal
Smile ECS - Tech Expert