On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 10:18:44 +0200 Harald Dunkel
<harald.dun...@aixigo.de> wrote:
> Package: nscd
> Version: 2.24-11+deb9u3
>
> If I change nscd.conf (to adjust some ttl or to disable some cache)
> and restart the service, then the cache files in /var/cache/nscd
> are not adjusted accordingly, AFIACS. In worst case the passwd cache
> is kept forever and never adjusted, even though it has been disabled
> in nscd.conf.
>
> nscd's caches should be deleted or recreated at service start or
> restart, as applicable.

See manapge for nscd.conf, for me it looks like it is intended
behavior of that setting.

       persistent service bool
              bool  must  be  one of yes (default) or no.  Keep the content of
              the  cache  for  service  over  nscd(8)  restarts.  Useful  when
              paranoia mode is set.

Does it work if that is set to no?

--
Gruß