Hi Simon,

On Wed, 2024-01-24 at 10:03 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was looking at golang-opentelemetry-contrib-dev because it is needed
> for etcd 3.5.x.  It seems to build fine, but upstream is doing several
> concurrent releases, and we don't have the latest version in
> experimental.  I wanted to upgrade it to the latest upstream version
> before doing an upload.
>
> Upstream etcd 3.4.x does not need golang-opentelemetry-contrib-dev.
>
> Upstream etcd 3.5.11 (latest 3.5.x release) seems to use v0.46.0:

etcd 3.5.11 uses v0.46.1 of the instrumentation/google.golang.org/grpc/otelgrpc
module, which is versioned differently to the overall package. etcd actually
needs
golang-opentelemetry-contrib-dev >= 1.21.1.

So I think it's best to update golang-opentelemetry-contrib to the latest
version.

Kind regards,
Maytham