Le vendredi 27 février 2009 à 13:32 +0000, jim.suble...@gmail.com a
écrit :
> I have a laptop with a webcam and would be willing to assist.
> What version would i need to run. I am currently using lenny. I am
> willing to upgrade to a newer version.
> What documents would I need to familiarize myself with to be able to
> assist. I am not a Debian Developer. But I am a UNIX admin. So, I have
> some knowledge.

Thanks for the offer.

If you want to help, you should upgrade your distribution to unstable.
Currently, there is a newer version of cheese in experimental, but it’s
a temporary situation, so you won’t really need experimental.

I think the best way to help is to start reading bug reports and learn
to deal with them. You should familiarize with the Debian BTS
(bugs.debian.org), the upstream bugzilla (bugzilla.gnome.org) and the
upstream source control (svn.gnome.org).

If you want to help with packaging, I recommend that you read the new
maintainer’s guide and join us on #gnome-debian on GimpNet. However
there is no need to rush on that, since the area we are really lagging
behind is the handling of bug reports.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :