David Weinehall <t...@debian.org> writes:
> This is only partially correct though.  gnome-panel will remain, but in
> a heavily modified state -- the intention for the GNOME 3 version of
> gnome-panel is having it as a fallback in case gnome-shell isn't
> supported, and thus a lot of features will be gutted or altered to
> ensure that it behaves as similar as possible to gnome-shell.
>
> People who have been expressing concern about this have, reasonably
> enough, been told that gnome-panel 2.32 is probably what they really
> want.  Are there any plans to provide this package?

Are any of panel apps from "gnome alternative" gtk-using environments
suitable?  I periodically try out the panels from things like lxde, but
so far they've been noticeably less nice than gnome-panel.

If they continue to improve though, maybe a mix of gnome and non-gnome
could be a reasonable "gtk centric" alternative to gnome's increasing
wackiness?

-miles

--
Advice, n. The smallest current coin.