Quoting Scott Talbert (2024-01-01 21:17:01)
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2024, Renzo Davoli wrote:
>
> > Dear debian-haskell maintainers,
> >
> >                The latest Debian SID package is v. 3.0.1 while pandoc
> > upstream has already
> > released 3.1.11.
> >
> > I am using pandoc to generate man pages in several projects (and Debian
> > packages).
> > https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=virtualsquare%40cs.unibo.it
> >
> > Unfortunately man pages created by pandoc < 3.1.7 are incompatible with
> > latest groff.
> > See: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/9020
> >
> > Lintian complaints for man pages generated by pandoc < 3.1.7.
> >
> > Have you planned to upgrade pandoc any time soon?
>
> The Haskell Team generally tracks a Stackage LTS release.  Currently, we
> are tracking LTS 21.16, which contains (haskell-)pandoc 3.0.1.  Since
> haskell-pandoc is close to a leaf package, it should likely be possible to
> update it without breaking anything else.  I'll take a look at updating
> it.
>
> @Jonas, what coordination is needed with you / src:pandoc, since you seem
> to be keeping the versions aligned - do we need to let you know ahead of
> time, or just do it and let you know?

Please let's coordinate in bug#1057852 where I laid out a proposed
plan forward - if you approach that plan conservatively then no need to
warn me ahead, but if you choose to upgrade dependencies more
aggressively then I would appreciate we discussing it first.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones