Control: reassign -1 libghc-pandoc-dev
Control: force-merge 1053777 -1
Control: affects 1053777 pandoc

Hi Loren,

Quoting Loren M. Lang (2024-01-31 08:35:12)
> I left the detail description out of the original report. Current
> version of pandoc will create *roff output during man page generation
> that refers to invalid fonts C, CI, and possibly others. This will
> trigger lintian warnings such as the following for packages using pandoc
> to build their man pages:
>
> groff-message troff:<standard input>:89: warning: cannot select font 'C'
>
> This is a known issue and has been fixed upstream in pandoc 3.1.7 as
> documented in this issue:
>
> https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/9020
>
> Updating pandoc to 3.1.7 or newer should resolve this issue.

Thanks for the bugreport.

Most of pandoc functionality is handled by a Haskell library which is
packaged separately.  This issue is already reported there, but the
bugreport is not tagged as affecting this package. With this message
will (if I cast the runes correctly) reassign and merge this bugreport
with bug#1053777 and mark it as affecting the pandoc package.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones