Hello!

Issue 711135 seems to never have been resolved yet (since Debian 6 "squeeze", which has the last kernel which boots on rx2620: 2.6.32-5-mckinley)

Maybe this works:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-ia64/2013/07/msg00009.html (Will Deacon):

Ok, after some more experimentation, this is looking more and more like
a compiler problem. Using 4.6.3, I *can* build a bootable kernel from the
Squeeze sources but only if I hack the kernel Makefile to pass -O1 instead
of -O2 or -Os.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-ia64/2013/07/msg00011.html (Lennert Van Alboom):

Aha - interesting. This might be the same issue as the one I'm seeing on HPVM
on zx6000 (rx2600) with wheezy (coredump & VM hard reset).

https://lists.debian.org/debian-ia64/2013/07/msg00005.html (Lennert Van Alboom):

I've got a zx6000 workstation at home with HP-UX 11.31 and Integrity VM
B.04.30. I want to play with Linux VMs, so I decided to install Debian.

As you can see, I used the debian 7.1.0 ia64 netinstall iso. This failed
miserably - I selected "boot from file" and the elilo.efi loaded; when
selecting any option (normal or expert install) the following happens:

         Uncompressing Linux... done

         **** Dumping Guest Image ****
         **** Done with dump (3776Kbytes) ****

        *** VM restarting ***

So the installer never makes it.

Next, I swapped the 7.1.0 iso for the 6.0.7 one. Selected elilo.efi, selected
"Expert install"; the installer loads

A final follow-up in 2013/08 (just a thought, no really confirmed interesting thing): https://lists.debian.org/debian-ia64/2013/08/msg00000.html (Émeric MASCHINO):

Since you all seem to hit a compiler option issue, rather than
dropping optimizations from -O2 to -O1, what about specifically
targeting Merced or McKinley CPU with -mtune=merced or -mtune=mckinley
gcc option? There are also itanium and itanium1 as accepted keywords,
but I don't know how they differ from merced. On a side note, I don't
know what's the difference between the mckinley and itanium2 keywords
(I'm currently rebuilding my whole Gentoo system using
-mtune=itanium2, since I'm running Madison CPUs on my zx6000).

--
Best regards,
Ivan