On 04/11/2018 10:53 AM, Alastair McKinstry wrote:
As of 3.0.1, openmpi now works on Big-Endian powerpc (which was to be a
problem; it had been dropped upstream because of an unknown bug, now fixed).

Oh, really, they fixed that? I already had given up hopes and therefore ignored
the thread on github out of frustration.

The other non-release archs were failing due to missing dependencies: in
particular java support (not used by any package in stable/testing) and
pmix (new; not used in testing/stable; pmix enables scaling to ~100,000+
nodes, which is unlikely to be needed).

I am working on fixing the remaining OpenJDK issues. I'm an upstream
committer in the OpenJDK project, so I can commit all changes myself.

So, the expected changes to mpi-defaults will no longer be needed.
Yay, thanks so much for this!

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz