Hi all,

On 14.09.23 09:05, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Hi Mathieu!

On Thu, 2023-09-14 at 08:46 +0200, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
Could someone please double check what I did at:

*
https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=highway&arch=ia64&ver=1.0.7-4&stamp=1694591500&raw=0

For some reason LTO produces a FTBFS.

Some more details at:

* https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1051772

I don't think that LTO really works on ia64. The toolchain has been bitrotting
on
this architecture for a while now and it's slated to be dropped from the kernel
for v6.7.

That's certainly new news after returning from vacation, so a few
questions come to my mind:

* When was this decided and who decided it?

We're certainly going to remove ia64 from Debian Ports within the next two
months.

* Same here, specifically who is "We"?

* And if that is already decided, why investing time in fixing ia64
problems in GRUB? Seems to be a perfect waste of time if "We"'re going
to remove it anyhow "within the next two months"...

So I wouldn't bother.

Adrian

Cheers,
Frank