Hi Emmanuel,

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 16:42, Emmanuel Bourg wrote
> You won't be able to break this cycle by repeating an upload sequence of
> versions previously uploaded to sid. You have to cheat and upload
> stringtemplate4 first with the help of the antlr4 package manually
> installed from sid. Then you can proceed and build antlr4.

OK, I have put a copy of

     libantlr3-runtime-java_3.5.2-5_all.deb

into my local pbuilder repository (and a copy of
bnd_2.4.1-4~bpo8+1_all.deb which is in backports new queue) and when
trying to build antlr3 (branch debian/jessie-backports in git[1]) I get:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Building ANTLR 3 Maven plugin
[INFO]    task-segment: [package, install,
org.debian.maven:debian-maven-plugin:1.6.9:install]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:2.x

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
-DartifactId=plexus-compiler-api -Dversion=2.x -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.codehaus.plexus
-DartifactId=plexus-compiler-api -Dversion=2.x -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.antlr:antlr3-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:3.5.2
        2) org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-compiler-api:jar:2.x

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.antlr:antlr3-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:3.5.2

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Do I need some versioned dependency containing maven artifacts or
perhaps an override that someone could provide to get antlr3 properly
build in a Jessie + Jessie-Backports chroot?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-java/antlr3.git

--