Hi,

On 06/07/2017 05:23 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Gianfranco,
>
> thanks for your quick response.
>
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 12:17:13PM +0000, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
>>
>>> Cannot access central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2) in offline
>>> mode and the artifact biz.aQute:bndlib:jar:debian has not been downloaded
>>> from it before. ->
>>
>> something is telling you that a library is missing, probably
>> https://packages.qa.debian.org/b/bnd.html
>> maybe you need a newer version, or maybe I'm not on the right error message.
>
> May be I should post the full build log but bnd is installed
> as Dependency of some Build-Depends.  The build log contains:
>

> Preparing to unpack .../bnd_2.4.1-4~bpo8+1_all.deb ...

Another package on your system is too old, presumably
maven-bundle-plugin. (Not sure about that part though.)

If you look at the error message:

[WARNING] The POM for biz.aQute:bndlib:jar:debian is missing, no dependency
information available

This means it's going to look for the following file:

/usr/share/maven-repo/biz/aQute/bndlib/debian/bndlib-debian.pom

However, with the package in Stretch (and also backports), that
file has moved to:

/usr/share/maven-repo/biz/aQute/bnd/bndlib/debian/bndlib-debian.pom

(Notice the extra /bnd/ in the middle.)

So that would mean it should look for

'biz.aQute:bnd:bndlib:jar:debian'

instead.

To summarize:

1. Testing dependencies are not strict enough here:

      bnd needs a versioned Breaks: on all packages that look for
      that POM file since the location has moved. Maybe that is
      only maven-bundle-plugin (if I'm right), maybe it's a couple
      of additional packages.

      All packages in the above list in Stretch need to add a
      versioned Depends: on the newer version of 'bnd', because
      they won't work with the older version either, since they
      are looking for the POM file in the new location.

   Unfortunately we're in deep freeze right now (at least
   practically speaking), so maybe this could be fixed in the
   first Stretch point release, or maybe it's so minor that it
   doesn't warrant a stable update. You should probably ask the
   release team what they'd prefer here. (Preferably only ask
   them after the release of Stretch. ;-))

2. You need to backport additional packages to make this work.
   Hopefully only maven-bundle-plugin, but maybe more.

Regards,
Christian