> > unfortunately davmail fails to build from source with
> > libjackrabbit-java 2.18.0. Long deprecated methods have been removed.
> > Your package build-depends on a very old version of jackrabbit (2.4.3).

This is too much work and I'm afraid if I do not get help I'll miss
the 2019-02-12 - Soft-freeze deadline for davmail to be part of the
Debian buster release. I'll continue working on this anyhow. My work
will be regularly published at
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/davmail/tree/httpclient4-api

For davmail in buster, the options are :
1) let davmail being removed from buster (because it does not work
with the newer libjackrabbit, because low popcon, because a backport
can be made available later)
2) upload a libjackrabbit-old-java compatible with davmail and build
against this (I can prepare this).
3) holding libjackrabbit-java 2.18 from reaching buster because it
breaks its only rdep.
4) fixing the 1300+ compile errors before the soft freeze and ensure
few regressions (unlikely I can do this by February as I'm learning
libhttpclient-java and the davmail codebase at the same time)

Please advice,

Alex