Hi,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 11:30:11AM +0100, Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> Il 21/11/19 12:18, mer...@debian.org ha scritto:
> > New version of freehep-graphicsio is out (in 2014 [1]), and I would like
> > to see it packaged. However, packaging of freehep-graphicsio is split in
> > a dozen of source packages, and update maintaining this split would be
> > tedious.

I havn't looked into this but for lots of source packages I'm using

https://salsa.debian.org/r-pkg-team/maintenance-utilities/blob/master/routine-update

Despite invented originally for R packages it works for any other
packages I'm maintaining.  So may be merging the sources is more work in
the end compared to semi-automated upgrades.

> > Maybe merging the source packages (retaining the upstream
> > tarball integrity) would make sense?
> I am not against this, but I think I would happily give away maintenance
> of these packages. I never used them directly, just needed them as
> GeoGebra dependencies.
>
> That said, before updating I would suggest to consider exactly what does
> one expects from these packages: do we consider them useful in Debian in
> themselves, or do we value them just as reverse dependencies (of
> GeoGebra and figtree)?

Freehep-graphicsio definitely rings a bell and yes, we need it for
figtree.  I have no idea how much use it is making from
freehep-graphicsio but my guess is an upgrade is fine (if there are
good reasons to spent time into it.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--