hey Jim,

On Debian/buster, `apt-get install gradle` works for me, and its running
Java11.  bullseye has the same version, as far as I know.

gradle started using kotlin, so the blocker for updates is getting
kotlin into Debian.  Unfortunately the Kotlin devs made that much harder
than it should be.  It is getting close, but we could use help there.

https://java-team.pages.debian.net/gsoc-kotlin-blog/

.hc

John Kim: