On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 10:58 PM Sudip Mukherjee
<sudipm.mukher...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 3:06 AM tony mancill <tmanc...@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 07:29:33AM +0100, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
> > > Hi Olek,

> > > I made a python script which saves the information in a sqlite
> > > database and that same script can search for a class or can list the
> > > classes in a package. Also, has an option to update the database. Tony
> > > (added in Cc) had been testing it. But I have not made any attempt to
> > > package it yet, as the preference was for a web application.
> >
> > I find Sudip's script to create, update, and search a local sqlite
> > database quite useful.  We could make the script available to developers
> > who want to use it locally; it doesn't even need to be packaged in my
> > opinion - we simply make the script available in a repo on Salsa.
>
> Sure. But I just found one problem with it. I was only parsing the
> packages with "Section: java", but then I realised that there are some
> packages like "sat4j" which has a different section but still creats
> java libraries. I will try to add this to the script during this
> weekend and share it.

Ok, so the initial script is at
https://salsa.debian.org/sudip/java_list.git, it has a readme which
explains how to use it. I can move the repo under java-team if you all
think the script is useful. Any suggestion for more features or report
about any problem will always be welcomed.

--
Regards
Sudip